Ombudsman (Nursing Home)

Senior Service Center of Will County
Ombudsman (Nursing Home)
251 N. Center Street, Joliet, IL 60435

An ombudsman advocates within a nursing home on behalf of the patient – not the nursing home and not the patient's family.

Serves Will, Grundy, and Kankakee Counties.

Common Inquiries:

List of nursing homes or other types of facilities

How to choose a facility, including basic understanding of different levels of care

Medicare and Medicaid issues

Residents' rights

How the complaint process works

How to contact IDPH to file a complaint

Information on appointing or changing agent for Power of Attorney